Coaching Grants

Congratulations to our most recent Launch Pad coaching grant recipients!

Through the generous support of donors, the National Trust’s Launch Pad Coaching Grants give community organizations up to 14 hours of direct coaching time with a team of seasoned professionals. Together, we find solutions to unlock the potential of their historic places. Our coaches look forward to working with:

The Friends of Beaubears Island

Beaubears Island National Historic Site (Miramichi, NB)

The National Trust is working with the Friends of Beaubears Island to build on the success of their growing programs at the two National Historic Sites under their care.

About

The Boishebert National Historic Site of Canada acknowledges that the Acadians sought refuge on Wilson’s Point from 1756 to 1760, and that Beaubears Island was an integral, functional component of this settlement which importantly relates to the significance of the Acadian experience.

The Beaubears Island Shipbuilding National Historic Site of Canada, J. Leonard O’Brien Memorial is the only known, extensive, undisturbed archaeological site associated with the national significance of the 19th century wooden shipbuilding industry in New Brunswick.

The Friends of Beaubears Island

Toronto Railway Museum

The John Street Roundhouse (Toronto, ON)

The National Trust will be working with the Toronto Railway Museum to develop a sponsorship strategy and key messages they can use to create unique and successful pitches for corporate support for the Museum located in the heart of downtown Toronto.

About

The Toronto Railway Historical Association operates the Toronto Railway Museum inside the historic John Street Roundhouse. The John Street Roundhouse was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1990, notable as “the best surviving example of a roundhouse in Canada”. Built from 1929-1931, this building was a Canadian Pacific maintenance facility where steam- and later diesel-powered locomotives were cleaned and maintained. Hundreds of people worked 24 hours a day to give these locomotives the “John Street polish”.

Inside, the museum interprets Toronto’s railway history through interact exhibits, simulators and seasonal tours. The museum celebrates its tenth anniversary in 2020.

Toronto Railway Museum

Rivers Train Station Restoration Committee

Rivers Train Station (Rivers, MB)

The National Trust will be working with the Rivers Train Station Restoration Committee to develop a Marketing and Communications plan to identify the main audience and key messages for the Rivers Train Station Restoration planned.

About

Built in 1917 by Grand Trunk Pacific Railway, the Rivers Train Station is a crucial link in the transcontinental railway system of Canada. The station sits on the CN Rail main line and is currently sub leased by VIA Rail. As the railroad connects the east to the west, all commodities that are shipped via rail pass along here. VIA Rail has over 85,000 passengers a year pass by the station and more than 35 freight trains a day travel the line.

The Rivers Train Station Restoration Committee, formed in 2006, is working to restore the train station by making it a viable property for both heritage preservation and economic development. Plans for the station include commercial space, a museum/tourist information area, and a centre for culture and the arts.

Rivers Train Station Restoration Committee

Yukon Historical & Museums Association

LePage Park (Whitehorse, YT)

The National Trust is working with the Yukon Historical and Museums Association to develop a fundraising strategy to improve the financial sustainability of LePage Park in downtown Whitehorse.

About

Founded in 1977, the Yukon Historical & Museums Association (YHMA) is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening heritage in the Yukon through leadership, advocacy, and education. YHMA operates out of the historic Donnenworth House, built between 1896 and 1905.

LePage Park is located in the heart of downtown Whitehorse and is home to three municipally designated historic buildings, the Donnenworth, Smith, and Captain Martin Houses, built between 1896 and 1939. Today these three former residences, and the small public park they surround, act as office and community spaces for a wide variety of non-profit organizations and public events, and offer a glimpse of the former residential nature of the area.

Yukon Historical & Museums Association
Top